Monday, December 21, 2009

தாயுமானவர் பாடல்கள்

http://www.mountainman.com.au/thayumanavar/intro.htm

Please check on the introduction given in above link to know how the western minds like to treasure them.
And also ask ourselves if we have taken these songs and life/message of Thayumanavar using our media of films/papers/magazines..how many of us know his life? Would the school children when they leave school, do they know anything about him?

'What is there that I can do?
It is all Thy will'' -
Thus at times I think.
But when maya of evil ways blinds me,
''All is of my own doing'' - I say.
And yet at still other times
I lie prostrate, unaware of anything happening.
Pray will it so
That this witless one
By Thine own deed
Walketh in the path of righteousness.
Oh! Thou, Guru Holy
That is Truth-Knowledge-Bliss!
http://www.mountainman.com.au/thayumanavar/tay_0279.htm

Though born to call Tamil as mother tongue, many words I can't understand and have to refer to English translations...its a pity and shame...yet I think in future school children should be educated about Thayumanar's song.

இந்து சமயத்தை பற்றி சிறுவர்களுக்கு கற்பிக்க வேண்டும் வேறு சமயங்களை பற்றியும் தெரிந்திருக்க வேண்டும். பெரியவர்கள் இவற்றை நடைமுறையில் செய்து எதிர் கால சமுகம் மேன்மை பெற செய்ய வேண்டும்.

No comments:

Post a Comment