Friday, December 4, 2009

கானாவில் இந்து சமயம்

Its hard to believe, yet had to believe it when one sees it and hears it. Long back when I saw a footballer by the name Appiah from Ghana it struck me that there must be a link between the name and our names.
Later I also saw another name as Sankara in one of African countries and was again wondering the name's link to our lands.
Recently happen to work and meet one whose name is Shiva and was wondering whether the name has links to Jews Siva or Shiva(which naturally as explained earlier has its roots to our Shiva). Finally asked my friend on his name and he said that its Hindu name Shiva and he is a Hindu by birth to parents from Ghana.
He also surprised me saying there are few thousands Hindus like his family in Ghana...check it out if you look for Hindumonastryinafrica you will read more of it...
hhhmmm what a pleasant surprise in this part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment